Ways To Help During the Current Food Crisis
Stories like this one are popping up in Ugandan media, even as the government is trying to ignore the severity of inflation and supply chain issues. As the President said recently, “Just don’t eat wheat – have matoke instead.” (Sound like any French monarch you recall?)
Now, Karamoja and the northern portions of Uganda that are bordering South Sudan are very dry and arid. The Karamoja tribes are herders, and can travel large distances to find grazing for their cattle. But what is happening there is coming to the rest of the country if it can’t get a handle on a few things:
- Stopping the export of commodity crops to other countries until the supply chain problems ease
- Forming some sort of safety net program for the extremely poor who have never recovered from the pandemic lockdowns
- Stopping the new post-pandemic policy of charging at “free” hospitals
I’m not holding my breath, and we’re not waiting for the government!
Here’s how YOU can help the teen moms and teen girls in our programs – as always, 100% goes to our programs:
- Become a monthly donor on DonorBox. We will receive the money in 1-3 business days.
- Donate to a project on DonorSee. We have the big farm project up right now (59% funded!), a project to provide food for the most vulnerable girls during our current 1 month term break, and a food restocking project for the compound. We will receive the money in 1-3 business days.
- If you are a big Paypal user, we are part of the Paypal Giving Fund. We will receive the money electronically in up to 45 days.
- You can give through GreatNonprofits, too. We get a check within once a quarter. (Leave a review while you’re there so we can be a 2022 Top Rated Nonprofit!)
- We are a verified charity with the National Christian Foundation (NCF). We’ve received one donation through them, and it was a check delivered fairly quickly. They take no fees.
THE BOTTOM LINE – we’ll take money however you want to give it to us! 😀
Thank you for your support!
PS Make sure to follow us on social media for the latest updates!