Ronald and I at Lake Mburo National Park, June 2022
WOW, in just three weeks I’ll be in Uganda!
The time has gone so fast since the last trip (and in other ways really slowly…), and I can’t wait to get back to hands-on work. Zoom is great, but it’s not THERE. And this time my mom will be joining us, which should be a great new adventure for her.
On the agenda:
- Staff retreat where we will have the theme VISION, PASSION, SACRIFICE
- At least one, and probably two, trips to the farm
- A trip west to Mbarara and Rwakobo to visit Hopeland and Wells of Hope Primary Schools
- Graduation (the first I will be there for!)
- Art lessons for the Literacy class girls by my mom (who is an artist)
- Community visits
- Staff meetings
- And, of course, a short safari stay in Lake Mburo (above)
We so appreciate your ongoing support!
PS I just launched our next Large Project on DonorSee, a 10,000 liter ecobrick tank for Hopeland School. The tank is constructed using “bricks” made from recycled plastic drink bottles! We put in a similar tank at Wells of Hope in 2020 and it has helped enormously. Please visit the link and watch the video to see what it’s all about! The project is just $2,800 and we need 10% before it’s made visible to the wider DonorSee audience — we’d love your help to get us there!