ECOBRICK TANK WORK KICKS OFF OUR WASH CAMPAIGN IN RWAKOBO!
Yesterday was the official KICK OFF of our multi-year WASH Campaign. A WASH Campaign brings water access, sanitation, and hygiene to a community — and we are kicking off with a 10,000 liter water tank made of upcycled ecobricks for Wells of Hope School in Rwakobo Village.
Created in partnership with Equal Aqua Uganda, the Ichupa Upcycle Project, and Celebration Tabernacle Church in Mbarara, this project is exciting in so many ways!
- It brings ample clean water to the students and staff at Wells of Hope School for washing, cooking, and (with purification like boiling) drinking.
- It shows our commitment to this extremely poor and isolated village of nearly 3,000.
- It involves the students and community by showing them how to fill the bottles with sand and use them to construct a tank.
- It is a step towards a culture of upcycling and recycling the enormous amount of plastic waste in Uganda.
- Equal Aqua will also be providing some Skills classes to the community.
We will have more updates, and are so thankful to YOU for your donations that have been this possible!