What a difference a year makes!
When Ronald and I had our 2021 planning meeting at the end of 2020, we felt like we were really stretching on our 1-year goals for Touch the Slum, Skills for Life, and the very new Ross House programs.
And yet here we are, at the end of 2021, and we not only met all our goals for 2021, we met our goals through 2023!
Even with the (surprise) harsh total lockdown in June, we have gotten 40 girls through Skills for Life. We have not had a single drop-out!
- The Ross and Suubi Houses are FULL — we have 6 teen moms in residence currently.
- We will launch our fully funded (for a whole year, thanks to Expat Money) Basic Literacy Program on January 31, 2022 and we’ll take 60 girls through basic English reading, writing, and basic math.
- We provided almost 94,000 meals in Namuwongo and Mbarara.
- Nearly 40 projects have been funded since September on DonorSee.
- The number of monthly donors more than doubled.
- We have contracted for space that will more than double our capacity at the current Namuwongo compound. We hope to take full possession of this space by the first of January.
- Over 1500 packages of sanitary pads have been given away to girls who can’t afford them.
…and much more!
Every single day, we touch the lives of teen girls in Uganda’s largest slum.